Monday, May 9, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This morning we said goodbye to a great one....Andy Sawyer, Sr.  He passed last Monday and we gathered together today to say goodbye.  He had a short battle with cancer.  He will be missed greatly by all.  It was a very nice service, his family did a good job.  Don't look to me to be able to hold it together as well as they did when it's my turn!  Kudos Sawyer family, we are with all of you.

This week is going to be a doosey.....LOTS going on, unlike every week for the next month, month and a half.  I can't believe it is the middle of MAY already.  Graduation and the end of school is just around the corner.  Like I said before, things are on full-speed forward with little time to dilly-dally around.

This is just one reason I would not be able to live on the other side of the great state of Washington:


This was the scene last night on the way home from the Mariner's game.  The traffic was bumper to bumper from North Bend to almost Cle Elum!  I would not be able to hack all the people, traffic, waiting, people, traffic, waiting.....Leslie:  I don't know how you do it!!  Thank goodness we were the on the side of the road getting OUT of Seattle instead of trying to get INTO Seattle!  Great place to visit, but want nothing else to do with it!

Saturday night we attended a party in honor of Bradley joining the Air Force and getting ready to ship out.  Next week, a week from tomorrow I believe, he will be sworn into the Air Force and put on a plane for San Antonio, Texas to begin a 8-9 week Boot Camp session.  We are all excited for him, but his dad is showing some signs of "last kid gone" syndrome, moping around a little bit and saying things like:  "I can't believe all my kids are practically grown" and "It's not going to be the same without Bradley around here."  He knows its all part of the plan....but still:  we are going to miss him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment