Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kennedy's 4th Birthday

Kennedy turns 4 today.  Can't believe just how fast time is going.  I don't have a picture of her on her birthday, I had a chiropractor appointment at the same time they were having her cake.  I am sure she was looking way older than yesterday....after all, she was only 3 yesterday!  Happy Birthday to YOU!!  Auntie loves you very much!!

My chiro appointment went pretty well today.  This morning I woke up pretty sore and spent the morning that way.  From side to side my back muscle just felt like it was all tensed up.  When that happens then I start freaking out about being too tense and try to get myself unstressed and it usually ends up becoming worse.  I am determined now to just try to ignore it and go on with life.  I am to the point where I am fed up with it and hope to just not think about it or when it flares up just breathe through it and continue onward.  I truly hope this theory is going to work.  If not, there's always drugs.

Kyle took Stephen down to Portland tonight so that he can go to culinary school starting this Friday.  I'm not sure of all the details, just that he is going to be starting on Friday.  He will be a great chef.  Following in his father's footsteps...

Everyone keeps asking me how Briar is doing down in Eugene.  I don't know too much, just that he is living in an apartment with several other guys, selling alarm systems (he's sold 2 that I know of) and becoming more mature every day.  He has told me little about it, other than it is hard work.  I just told him that it is way more rewarding earning something, spending lots of energy and time on earning it, rather than just getting handed something easily.  I know that these are hard things to learn, especially for young people, but our wiser knowledge knows better. I know he would rather just take the easy road out and come home but I think he will stick it out and get through the summer.  The hardest thing about being a parent of a young adult is the shutting of the mouth and the letting go.  Decisions need to be made but they are not necessarily the ones I would make. I am praying every night for the ability to keep my mouth quiet and my ears open.  If I get asked for my opinion, I will give it...like it or not.  That also is part of growing up.  If no opinion is asked for, then quiet is my answer.  God, grant me the ability to keep quiet.

I am really missing my camera.  I hope that this weekend it is nice enough to be outside and to get to take some pictures.  The CBC baseball team is playing the Walla Walla baseball team Saturday.  I would love to get to go over and watch the games and spend some time in Walla Walla.  I just know it is gorgeous over there this time of year. Maybe things will work out that we can do that.  If not, oh well.  Prom is Saturday night.  Paxton and Ryan are going.  That will be fun also.  Leslie is running in a marathon in Eugene Sunday morning.  That would be great to go watch too...and see Briar.  With Prom and whatnot, I will probably opt to go another weekend when I would be able to spend more time with him.  Good luck to LeeLee!!  I don't know how you do it my friend, but run like the wind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment