Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10 On The 10th

I'm already going to put in "reminders" on my phone for this one....since I am going to need them because I am terrible at trying to do something at on a "schedule" like this!  Ten thoughts on the 10th of the month!  Here gos...

1.  I am trying to get back into the mindset that NOT ALL PEOPLE are terrible!  With the whole basketball YouTube incident last week this is a very trying thing for me because we have WASTED days of listening to ugly, ugly people and their more than ugly comments.  Get over it!!  Things have happened, things have been learned, time to move on!!  So proud of our community and the choice they took to stand behind our people and not let this thing drive huge wedges between school, sports, communities, and families.  Thank you!!!

2.  Just watched the last episode of the first season of "Damages".  Unbelieveable and insane...but AWESOME!!

3.  Reading "one thousand gifts " for Wednesday group and LOVING it!  Even though it is starting out on the more desolate, untrusting, looking for the good side of life, I just know that it is going to turn out great.  God is great and I am looking forward to all that this book does to reiterate that and change my life.  Amen.

4.  Getting myself geared up for the very dreaded need to get last years' tax stuff ready for filing, FAFSA filled out and submitted, and last years' stuff boxed and put to rest.  2012 file folders ready to collect all of this years' goodies.....Get it done!!!

5.  I want to get back in the groove of taking pictures everyday.  Even if it's only 1 picture.  Shouldn't be that hard...you'd think!  I copied off "Making The Shot" from Karen Russell so now I have my inspiration and I'M GOING TO DO IT!!!  Starting tomorrow.  Hopefully!!

6.  I have been so blessed to be able to have spent so much time around my home this past month.  With Christmas Vacation and New Years it has been days of hanging out and doing a whole lotta nothing!  I have done some things like clean out some drawers, clean out junk, move things around and create a new look in rooms....those kinds of things.  It has been the best.

7.  Ready for Kyle to be done with his work in Quincy.  He has been working at getting a newly purchased building renovated and ready to be opened.  He has been home on the weekends but I am ready to have him here and working closer to home.

8.  Enjoying time spent looking and gaining some ideas from my magazines.  I have Country Living, Cottages and Bungalows, Living and Sunset.  It is so fun getting something besides bills in the mail. 

9.  Worked on getting the Running Start transcripts put into the computer today.  The time is now for all the seniors to get applications into colleges and scholarships filled out and sent in.  We have been sending out transcripts like crazy to all sorts of colleges, near and far, for CHS seniors!  So excited for them when they come into the office screaming "I've been accepted!!!" 

10.  Been writing in a journal this year....so far.  Been enjoying it....so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment