Saturday, April 28, 2012

OK, So 10 on the 28th

Leslie, my best friend in the whole wide world, pointed out in a text to me the other day
(1) how LONG it had been since I had done a post, a'd (2) that I had missed my
'10 on 10'.  Thanks.  Thank you very much for that.  It just so happens that I have a lot
to share so I will do my '10 on 10' today, with '10 on the 28th":

  1. Last night Kyle went to Spokane to be with his mother for a few days.  The nurse called last night and said Blanche needed to have someone with her for a couple of days to see if she will eat a little more and perk up a bit.  I opted to let him go up and spend some time with her her and call me when he needed/wanted me to come up.  It's good for him to spend some time with her.  Nick and I went up last weekend with him and we got the yard cleaned up; mowed, weed-eated, and a flower bed cleaned out and weeded.  It was such a BEAUTIFUL weekend that being outside working was a great way to spend the weekend. 
  2. Yesterday the CHS lady Eagles beat the Burbank Coyotes in 2 softball games....10 running them in both games.  Paxton landed on her knee wrong during warmups and paid the price with some pain.  She did go out a couple of times during the first game and then spent the second game with ice on it in the dugout. 
  3. Dad's chickens are growing and he has moved them out into the back yard of his shop-house where they are running around like crazies!  They love their freedom out there.  They are so funny to watch.  Dad is enjoying them big time.  Good for you dad.  Makes me want to build a chicken coop here.  This summer.....maybe I will do JUST THAT!!
  4. Work has been on the slower side and a lot of students, teachers, and support staff are ready for the summer to come.  I can't believe how quickly this school year has gone.  June 12th is the final day for students.  June 1 is graduation.  WoW!
  5. EVERYTHING in our yard is exploding right now!  I think that spring has sprung.  Lucky us.  The tulips and daffodils are near the end of their time but my whisteria in the back is ready to pop any day now.  The honeysuckles are growing and the trumpet vines are starting to come back to life also.  The grass got fertilized back during Spring Break so it is green and has been mowed every week since.  The trees are all leafed out and it is looking dynamite out there!
  6. Today is Jr/Sr Prom.  Ryan and Paxton are going with a big group of kids, riding in a limo even.  They think they are pretty special.  Hope they have a wonderful time.  Last dance for Paxton. She has been accepted at both MSU and WSU, financial aid packages have been awarded and now all she has to do is decide WHICH ONE TO GO TO!  Keep posted for the final decision.
  7. Brad has been working like a dog at the Base in Missouri.  Lots of work and not a lot of people.  I told him that was ok though because work would fly by instead of going so slowly.  He's looking into coming home in June for a quick break...to see grandma!
  8. Steven had an interview with Winco in Portland this week.  Waiting to hear how it went.  They had an ultrasound done the week before last and the baby is a boy!! 
  9. Briar bought a new car (to him) yesterday.  He is in the market to sell his Mitsubishi now.  The wedding will be here before we know it.  Leslie is giving Brianna a Bridal Shower in July! 
  10. Nick is working away on his senior project and is working on finishing his junior year strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment